Sunday, February 13, 2011

Inches.Of.Cold

Today was probably one of those days that start out with a beginning, a middle and an end.
And I can tell you right now that the beginning was something fantastic. In the middle there was a tad bit of conflict that ended up working itself out and the ending was more than magical.
Though I can't say that it was something I would do again in this weather - but it was definitely something I'll remember.

Surrounded by beauty but wading through knee deep snow. Legs so cold that it felt as if my skin had turned to ice. The breeze was warm with a slight hint of the current weather and it was such a work out that my body will be sore tomorrow.

But the smiles I shared and the fun I had - despite my struggling - was something that will replay in my memory from time to time. One of the experiences shared with the person I love with all my heart.
Hearing him tell me that he loves me, the way his eyes sparkle when he looks at me - the coming storm colour of his eyes.

This memory will be etched. I can not wait to discover more of that forest - more of the lake and the places that they have found in there. But only of course, when the weather is much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment